Four Lessons From 30 Years of Sustainable Investment
A lot has happened since our bank launched the first sustainable investment mandates over 30 years ago. Although sustainable investments have since moved from a niche into the mainstream, there is still plenty of misunderstanding about what they actually are, what their impact is, and how sustainability should be integrated into the investment process. In this newsletter, we would like to summarise the lessons learned over the years.
This Issue's Highlights
- Editorial: Four lessons from 30 years of sustainable investment: Jan Amrit Poser gives his answers for the raging debates in sustainable finance
- ESG Lesson #1: Modern asset management is data management: Interview with ESG Data Scientist Sebastian Wiesel on the challenge of ESG ratings
- ESG Lesson #2: Regulators focus increasingly on impacts: Benjamin Gränicher on how double materiality replaces financial materiality as the main paradigm in ESG ratings
- ESG Lesson #3: Credible ESG integration puts the onus on PMs: Marcel Voogd explains how true ESG integration goes beyond ratings and filtering
- ESG Lesson #4: What have we learnt from our Climate Engagements? Barbara Janosi on how Active Ownership helps us to better understand the climate change risks and opportunities
- Sustainability Rating Reviews in the 3rd Quarter 2021: The latest ratings from Sustainable Investment Research
Download the publication
The publication is meant for investors based in Switzerland, Bahamas, Dubai, Germany, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Monaco, Panama, Qatar, Singapore. Please refer to the disclaimer information below before accessing the document.